7.06.2012

Summer of Indie Talks About The Hunted With Kristy Berridge


Our latest guest on the Summer of Indie blog is author Kristy Berridge, here to talk about The Hunted. First in a series of five books, The Hunted tells the story of a young girl caught up in a war between vampires and werewolves.



We asked author Kristy Berridge to give us a deeper look into The Hunted.

"Elena Manory is by no means an ordinary teenage girl. Being born with the ability to heal herself from any injury, and with the knowledge that on her eighteenth birthday she will become a vampire, Elena is aware that she is more than a little different from other girls her age. It isn’t until she meets William Granville, an alluring and impossibly handsome vampire, that she begins to question her destiny and what secrets the Institute of Magical Intervention and her adopted family have withheld—secrets that could change the fates of not only her own life, but of the lives of all the immortals. As events spiral out of control, William may be the only person Elena can place her trust in. He, and Elena’s magical family, must fight to save her, joining forces to defeat a common, deadly foe. For William, it is his chance to save the girl that he has searched eternity to find."

Author Kristy Berridge also has a video book trailer that readers can view at:


After finding out more about the plot of The Hunted, we asked Kristy Berridge a few follow up questions:

Q: What inspired you to start writing?

A: I hate to admit this every time someone asks me this question, but alas I am yet to come up with a really cool and inspiring answer. I literally started writing because I was bored. I’ve always enjoyed reading the written word, and I had dabbled with short stories in the past, but it was a particularly drawn out day a little under five years ago that the magic really begun. Working as an Interior Designer with my own firm had seen some tough times with the introduction of renovation shows and do-it-yourself magazines. Not everyone needed a designer anymore, so I found myself with a lot of spare time. So, as I stared out the window, I thought to myself ‘Why not write that creepy vampire book you always dream about?’ And, since nothing was holding me back, what did I have to lose, no one was going to see it … until now.
As it turns out, writing has become a passion of mine. I can’t seem to get enough of it, and on some days, I find myself wondering how I’d ever lived without it.

Q: Can you give us some background on your books?

A: The Hunted is the first book in a series of five. It essentially follows the story of Elena Manory, a strong and very independent sixteen year old girl who has been raised by a family of Protectors. This magical clan has an alliance with the Vampires—their aim to destroy the Vânătors, werewolves who roam the earth feeding off the blood of the living and spreading their seed through victimizing young human women.

The Damned is currently with my editor and is set for release sometime in the next few months. The last three in the series I will look forward to releasing over the next two years.


Q: Can you give us a short excerpt from your book to showcase the style of your writing?

A: “I sucked in a sharp breath, trying to calm my frantic nerves. I was not afraid of the sight before me or the transformation from man to beast, and I was not fearful that my life may soon be ended. What I was most fearful of was not being accepted by the one creature that I was supposed to become. I was so afraid that the first vampire I had ever met, that I somehow felt connected to, was about to turn from me with disgust and loathing.”


For all the latest information and updates on the releases and book signings you can follow Kristy Berridge at:





My Book Trailer for The hunted can be found here:


Buy Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment